Please contact Chip (email@example.com) or call our Help Desk (706-542-5124) with any questions regarding these instructions.
The procedure will be to connect to the UGA VPN using Cisco AnyConnect along with ArchPass Duo for two-factor authentication. After this, you will need to connect the file share to your computer and you will be able to access the files.
- Open web browser.
- Navigate to http://eits.uga.edu/access_and_security/infosec/tools/vpn (The Mac Version is here : https://ftp.uga.edu/software/vpn/anyconnect-macosx-i386-3.1.11004-k9.dmg)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. In the "Version 3.xx" section, select the appropriate install file for your operating system.
- After clicking on the link for the file, you will be required to log in with their MyID and password.
- Once the file is downloaded, install the application.
- Run the application from your computer. Set it to connect to remote.uga.edu.
- When prompted, enter your UGA MyID and password and connect. When connected, the window will disappear and you can continue using your computer as normal.
ArchPass Duo and VPN Connection
- EITS has detailed instructions already that are better than I could write
- The instructions for ArchPass Duo can be found on the here: https://eits.uga.edu/access_and_security/infosec/tools/archpass_duo/use_duo/
Connecting to file shares
- Go to Finder, Click on Go then choose Connect to Server.
- Enter the following for server address: smb://126.96.36.199/
- Click Connect and enter MYID\username for name and your MyID password.
- A box will pop up for you to choose a volume and then click OK.
- Choose 208-DEAN, then the folder called Nolan.
If nothing appears on your desktop, you may need to go to click on Finder then Preferences and check the box next to Connected Servers.
- Instructions are UGAMail can be found here: https://confluence.eits.uga.edu/display/HDSH/UGAMail