If connecting from off campus, please remember to attach to the campus Virtual Private Network (VPN) by using your web browser and going tohttp://remote.uga.edu.
After you have connected there using your MyID and password, follow these instructions:
- Click "Start" then "Run" on Windows XP machines. On Windows 7 computers, just click inside the "search programs and files" box right about the "Start" button.
- Inside the text box, type "mstsc" without the quotes and then hit ENTER.
- Once the "Remote Desktop Connection" window comes up, type "220.127.116.11" without the quotes in the text box labeled "Computer:"
- Click "Connect" and then select "Use another account" when the Windows Security box comes up.
- For the "User name", enter "MYID\yourMyID" substituting your MyID username for "yourMyID" and then enter your MyID password in the box below it.
- Hit ENTER. This should bring up the Windows desktop on the remote computer. At this point you should see a UVIS icon on the desktop ready for you to use.
- Please make sure to log out of the remote Windows desktop (which will close your remote session) and to not save any data on that remote computer.
- If Remote Desktop Connection is already installed, skip to Step 12
- Using a web browser, go tohttp://www.microsoft.com
- Select "Downloads" and then choose "Download Center"
- In the search box at the top of the page, type in "remote desktop mac"
- Select Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.1.1
- Click "Download" and click "Save File"
- After it is downloaded, double click the file then double click the RDC Installer.
- Click "Continue", then "Continue", then "Agree", then "Continue" again and finally "Install".
- Enter your Apple username and password to allow the install
- Click "Close"
- You should end up with a new icon in your Menu Bar or on your desktop called Remote Desktop Connection
- Open Remote Desktop Connection and in the Computer: field put in the address 18.104.22.168, click "Connect"
- Enter your MyID credentials and for the Domain: put msmyid.uga.edu
- If you get the error "The server name on the certificate is incorrect" click "Connect" anyway.
- You should then be connected to the UVIS-GATEWAY Windows computer and be able to use UVIS from the shortcut on the desktop.