There are many ways to add printers based on your individual computer setup and which printer you are adding. If your configutation is not covered here, please contact us for more information.
Adding a printer to Windows 7
- Take note of the printer name affixed to the front of the printer.
- On your computer, double-click My Computer and then enter \\ps1vet into the address bar.
- Double-click the name of the printer in the displayed list to add the printer to your computer.
Adding a printer to Mac OSX
- The IP address of the printer should be written in small letters on the tag affixed to the front or side of the printer. Or, it might be displayed on a small LCD screen on the printer. If it is not there, contact the Help Desk and we can help you determine the IP address.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences Then choose View > Print & Scan.
- If the Print & Scan lock icon is locked, click the lock icon and, when prompted enter an administrator name and password to unlock it.
- Click the add printer (+) button to add a printer. You can also click and hold the add printer to quickly select a nearby printer on your network that you want to add.
- If there are no nearby printers on your network, select "Add Other Printer or Scanner".
- To directly open the Add Printer dialog box, click the Add (+) button.
From the Add Printer toolbar there are a few choices. You will be using the one called IP.
You need to know the IP address or URL of a printer (such as 10.0.1.1 or myprinter.example.local) to add it using this method.
- Please choose HP - JetDirect as the type of network printing
- Enter the IP address of the printer and fill out additional information.
Content by label
There is no content with the specified labels